- I wouldn't try that... I'm Invincible.
Appearing in the 1st Story
- Invincible (Mark Grayson) (First Appearance)
- Debbie Grayson (First Appearance)
- Omni-Man (Nolan Grayson) (First Appearance)
- William (First Appearance)
- Arthur Rosebaum (First Appearance)
- Mister Hiles (First Appearance)
- Mister Liu (First Appearance) (On a TV or computer screen)
- Titan (First Appearance)
- Gridlock (Mentioned only)
- Science Dog (First Appearance)
- Guardians of the Globe (Mentioned only)
- Derek Sanders (First Appearance)
- Derek's Girlfriend (Single appearance)
- Steve White (Single appearance)
- Principal Winslow (First Appearance)
- Burger Mart trash bag (First Appearance)
Plot Synopsis for the 1st Story
Four months after Mark Grayson decided on the superhero alias Invincible, he found himself flying a man with a bomb attached to his chest to Antarctica before his bomb detonates. He throws him and flies off.
Later after school ends, his friend, William Clockwell, asks him to hang out at but Mark refuses, citing that he must work. He takes out the trash and throws it into the air, realizing that he now has finally developed superpowers.That night, Mark would jump off his room balcony believing that would be able to achieve flight. He successfully does so and fights thieves. His father take note of it and takes him to get a new costume.
After stopping a kid from getting bullied. He gets a lecture from Principal Winslow commending him for standing up to the bigger kid, but stating that he isn't "Invincible". This give Mark an idea for his superhero name.
Later that afternoon, Mark stops some thieves who attempt to shoot him, but he rebuffs and says that "I wouldn't try that, I'm Invincible."
- Invincible's costume makes its first appearance in this issue. The yellow is the same shape as the "I" in Image Comics and is a reference to its parent publishing company. Mark's stance on the upper left corner of the first issue takes place of the traditional I branding seen on all Image Comics.
- No trivia.
Links and References
- No external links.